Tuesday, March 10, 2009

First trip to ER

Oh boy was last night a hard night for us! First off let me say I am super paranoid when it comes to Jack. I pretty much have thought he has had a fever for ...7 months. I always freak out and say, "Brad, he has a fever, right?" Brad is so wonderful and just calmly kisses his forehead and says, "no, he feels just right." Ok so here is where I got myself into trouble. On Sunday we spent the entire day on the boat so when Jackie was super tired Monday, I didn't think anything of it. He felt really warm to me and wanted to cuddle. I put him down fora nap and he didn't wake up for like 4 hours. I thought I was being silly so I just let the booger sleep. When he woke up at 4pm, I took his temp. and it was 101.4! This was his first "real" fever so I flipped! I called the doctor and they said take him to the ER. I took his temp. again and it was 101.8. When Brad got home from work we went straight there. Poor little guy, he had no other symptoms and was laughing and entertaining the whole crowd...for nearly 8 hours! Everyone was put infront of us and when we were finally giving up, we were called back. I made friends with the sweet, exhausted, over-worked triage nurse and it payed off...I think. Turns out my little guy had an ear infection! WHEW! I was sure it was menigitis- because like a moron I googled babies and fever. NEVER read too much into the internet. He got a bad shot and some tylenoly and motrin and he was all better! He wailed when he got the shot and I boo-hooed too. Terrible. Apparently ( as you other moms prob. know) his fever was not really that high or a baby. I freaked out and that sweet nurse just was so nice. She loved Jack so she took extra time with him and took his temp. several times in Triage for me. On the other hand, the male nurse before her was a punk- and he got what was coming to him!! He got beat up by a patient while we were waiting! Ha ha, karma. Oh, you should have seen the weirdies that were in that waiting room. Some looked close to death, others were just looking for a fun place to hang out on a bland Monday night. The entire trip was worthwhile when we got to experience the gentleman in the room next to us. He moaned and groaned...Oh God, oh Lord, help me Jesus! It's just too much, help me, I can't do this...ooohhhhhhaaaooooohaaa. Holy potatoes we thought he was in serious trouble. NOPE, turns out he just had bad gas and we got to be in earshot for his "cure"...and large audible release! Ha ha, if we had been in California I would have darted under a doorframe for protection from the earthquake! Oh boy, gotta love people.

2 comments:

Paige said...

Ha! Great story! Get well soon Baby Jack.

Justin and Allison said...

Thanks for your sweet comment. Your little man is a cute one for sure! When you are in Texas visiting we all need to get together with our babes!