Tuesday, November 25, 2008

our Thanksgiving table

Okay so we are hosting Thanksgiving this year at my house...YIKES! There will be 8 of us...Brad, me, my sister-in-law and brother-in-law Janice and Neil and their kiddo Coley ( and baby boy on the way) an my parents-in-law Steve and Carol. Oh, don't forget my baby Jack! He will have to pass on the turkey though and just eat milk. Sorry buddy. Oh and I had to put together the table early because tomorrow will but busy. I am meeting my friend for coffee and orange rolls at her house for some quality mommy to mommy time. She has a one year old named Jackson too. Then I am off to start baking pies with my mother-in-law and then she is having a shrimp boil tomorrow night. Brad's sister and her hubby are coming into town tomorrow night. Fun times.
This is my turkey platter....Brad is brining and then frying a turkey. yummm, that man is a fabulous cook. He pretty much cooks me dinner every night. I wonder how long I can use "taking care of the baby" as an excuse for him to keep cooking!
The table where the food will go to be served.
Our table! It's kind of exciting, it is our first Thanksgiving to cook for our family. Oh and we are on a buuuuuuudget so the decorations had to be creative!
Cranberries, split peas, walnuts and candles.
Funny looking turkey plates...I just like the leaves around the edges.


4 comments:

Paige said...

Amen to the buuuuuuuudget! Stay at home mommyhood is hard!

Alyssa and Kevin said...

I love it!!! especially the cranberry and walnuts idea.. I'm about to head over to my gmas to decorate our tables, I may steal that!!

It looks so great! And yes, your hubby is a FABULOUS cook! I am sure you could milk it until Jack graduates college.. maybe a little longer. :)

I MISS YOU OODLES AND BUNCHES!!

Alyssa and Kevin said...

I totally did steal it. :) And I'll post pictures later! Happy Thanksgiving Honey!! I LOVE YOU

~ Amber ~ said...

Your baby is beautiful Jordan!!!